Friday, November 1, 2013

A Time for Change

This Girl- 

Happy Harvest! I hope your Halloween was super fun. My husband and I dressed up minimally. He was the joker and I was a YOLO (You Only Live Once) Fairy. I am going through a lot of changes right now. Being the YOLO Fairy was perfect and funny to keep my spirits high.  Yesterday we had a long day, and today was an early morning today. Last night we kept it super low key and went to our friends house for dinner. Yesterday I found out that there is a curve ball in my osteomyelitis diagnosis. With that being said I have the urge to see my friends, do the things I love, and stay positive (even though things aren't getting better yet). I also wanted to say thank you for everyone that supported me. To anyone that used indiegogo.com to support me: I will be sending your thank your gifts off soon I promise.I think I am going to make a mood board of the things I want in my life, and things that inspire me. I will post it once I have finished. 

I am happy to announce that I was asked back to be Austin's Harper's Bazaar Style Ambassador.

Fashion- 

Luckily, I was asked to renew my Harper's Bazaar Style Ambassador contract till 2014. I am super excited about it.

I found out through Bazaar that there is a stellar sweepstakes going on for this amazing skin care line called Algenist. This contest is an awesome oppertunity because anyone who qualifies can enter. The grand prize winner will receive $1,000 cash, along with $1,500 worth of Algenist products.The first 3 winners will each receive $1,000 worth of Algenist products. Just apply before December 31, 2013.
Pain-

For a couple weeks I was feeling so much better. I thought I might be cured. Unfortunately, I started swelling and getting rashes about 8 days ago. I have already seen 3 doctors this week. I have 2 weeks of testing coming up before I get any answers. I was informed that the most diagnosis might be wrong. Either way I have osteomyelitis of the mandible. They are still considering chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis, which basically means that the bone that is infected and starts to grow rapidly, hard, and thick. Very nasty for this one they must remove your jaw. If this is the case I have at least 2 more surgeries. After the doctors reviewed my post op from July, they have reason to believe I have what is called chronic suppurative osteomyelitis. This means that infectious liquids grow between in my mandible bone. If that is the case 2 more surgeries and a month of hyperbaric chamber treatment. Either way I will most likely will have to have another picc line (which I can't stand). I also have an autoimmune disease which makes it harder for me to recover that the doctors are concerned about.

This is not only painful to hear, but it puts my dreams and business on hold. 

I thought that my blog wasn't reaching the people I intended to, so I thought about taking it offline. The biggest intent I have for my blog is to reach those who have similar issues and who want more information. These types of infections are so rare, and there is not much information out there. At first I wasn't helping anyone. I am glad that I have continued to write and keep my blog up because I am starting to reach people that I can help! They are e-mailing me and reaching me through the blog!

Picture below is of a hyperbaric chamber. There are several kinds but this is one of the newest in town. If I have suppurative osteo then will have to stay in one for about 2 hours 5 days a week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment