Monday, January 27, 2014

Snowed In

THIS GIRL

This girl is cold. It's been a crazy couple of days. This weather is unbelievable in Texas. One day it's 81 degrees the next day it's 23 degrees outside. My friend Casey and I went to a ballet class, while it was sleeting and below freezing a few nights ago. While driving we slid like 3 times…. after that we decided to avoid the bridges (if your from Texas you probably know how freaked out people get when it freezes over it's like we don't know what to do or how to react to the cold). I like the saying "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.. it's about learning to dance in the rain." Well now I would like to say "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.. it's about learning to dance in the sleet and snow."   Sometimes you just need to get up and live life no matter how hard it is. The best thing I can do in time of struggle is to try and face my obstacles head on, rather than waiting for a better time. Since I am having the most serious surgery of my life in February, I have to get my health into check. My plan is to start a new set of vitamins, healthy eating, and workouts to keep my autoimmune disease under control. Those who are a fan of Prissy Pants (our basset hound) I would like to give you an update about how she feels about the weather it's really simple she hates the snow and the cold, it's like it disguts her. Her walks are usually around 30 mins however, with this weather it takes her about 5 minutes because she is so cold. It's strange how different people and animals are when the weather changes. My nieces and nephews are all excited because there was no school. My husband went into work late because the dangerous roads, so he was able to sleep in. Of course I was excited to finally break out my real winter wardrobe. I usually only get to wear my getup five times a year in Texas. I'm thankful for the weather change because it makes me feel a little better.








FASHION

Let's talk the 2014 Grammy's! This is my favorite awards show of the year because the worlds best musicians come to stage and preform. My favorite performances were John Legend and Pink, they were both surprising and amazing! The performances had great costumes as well. As far as off stage fashion is concerned, I like to watch the E! Live from the Red Carpet because the celebrities are taking fashion risks (unlike at most award shows where they are much more conservative). The biggest trend last night in women's wear was the color red and white. 


My picks for best women's evening looks were:

Beyonce- This woman just had a baby and man does she look sexy and elegant



Katy Perry in Valentino (this was a beautiful risk & I'm glad she took it.) This unique tulle dress was predicted to be seen on Perry since fashion week.





Taylor Swift wearing chain mail, as Neil Patrick Harris pointed out! I am so glad he did because I wasn't there to see it in person so the material could have been made out of other fabrics. I wondered how much this dress weighted?




Giuliana Rancic (E!'s own fashion police star.) I have to give her props, last night was her most amazing look throughout the award season.


PAIN

Like I mentioned earlier the cold weather brings my jaw pain down a notch, I'm not sure why. This crazy disease is so frustrating. One day I feel like I can't get out of bed the next I am ready to seize the day; if I happen to feel normal for a day tI am usually defeated by the next day from exhaustion. Although, my jaw pain is better controlled in the cold weather it doesn't mean all rainbows and sunshine for me because I also have an autoimmune disease. In the past to weeks I've had the molar or more commonly known as the butterfly rash. Which is an outbreak from lupus. I'm not really sure what this means for my surgery coming up in just a few weeks. I know the rash does not only attack my skin it also attacks my immune system. I am basically feel like I have been hit by a truck. Today is my most recent outbreak but it was not nearly as bad as last week. Instead of going to the doctor I used natural remedies to cure the rash along with ibuprofen to take down the swelling. The natural remedies that I use are taking an oatmeal bath, then once I am dry I but on some olive oil and pray for healing, I wait for the oil to soak in and, then I apply cortizone 10. The rash can last anywhere from one day to 3 weeks. Last week I had it for about 5 days. Today is a new cycle but like I said this time it is much less intense than last week. I am researching the reason for these rash outbreaks. The inflammation that this causes makes my jaw pound and my whole body ache. I can get medication from my doctor for this molar rash but I am already taking so many, I just want to try and avoid taking more. I want to thank my friends and family for helping me out last week. I love you all very much!



No comments:

Post a Comment