Thursday, July 3, 2014

Love You First


THIS GIRL 

I am inspired by how the truth of the following quote applies to us all:


"It is unfortunate when someone fails us, but it isn't as bad as when we fail ourselves. The minute we make a mistake or fall short, we begin to condemn ourselves. How could we have been so dumb, so inept, so careless? We are victims by our own mouths. It is too easy to make a habit of thinking we are second-rate, not quite equal with others. If we say it enough times, we think it, and it all feeds down into our hearts to surface again when we don't need it. Who can love us if we do not love ourselves? Who will build us up if we are busy tearing us down? Confidence is winning over self–not others. But we have to stir up the gift that is within us, see that we can appreciate all the small things we can do well. We can only be what we give ourselves power to be."

These words are mine and they are true.--- Chief Meninock 
     
From the book "A Cherokee Feast of Days: Daily Meditations" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler 

Click the link above to get this wonderful book at Barnes and Nobles new or used. I checked the prices today and you can buy this book gently used for as low as $1.99 at Barnes and Nobles. It's well worth the couple dollars. 


FASHION 


In case you were wondering, I love CoCo Chanel. My dream yacht was actually hers. I would loved to have purchased it one day when I become a big time fashion designer; however, it was sunk by the real "Wolf on Wall street". Moving on, here is a collage of some of my favorite quotes~



Also, I'm very proud of recently winning the #LashOut competition between all Harper's Bazaar Style Ambassadors from around the U.S. 


Thank you for everyone who supported my most recent photo shoot shown on my previous blog post (it was a little scary because it featured my new jaw). The photo shoot of me from the last post, were the photos for the project I submitted to HARPERS BAZAAR and Physicians Formula (and they have no idea that my jaw isn't real made me feel a little more secure)! Anyways, they liked the photos and said that I had the most creative theme and great social media connections! I am so grateful!

I still can't believe it but I won the #LashOut Challenge!

Here is a pic of the goodies they sent me from NYC!

Featuring my new purse from Aldo Rise, a custom Harpers Bazaar iPhone case, blush, lipstick, bronzer, and a tray of eye shadows from Physicians Formula 

For my fashion lovers out there! Check out my next blog about my summer fashion tricks and tips! I'm will be explaining the ways that I keep my style cool with a low budget!


PAIN

I want to express my struggles, especially my mental struggles. I've always been a little anxious but when I was diagnosed with Chronic Slerosing Osteomyelitis, a whole new level of anxiety came. For about 3 years, I've been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, and it has changed my life in a very bad way. Currently, I'm struggling with anxiety, because I know I have another trip to Miami, a bone graft, and have my mouth wired shut for a month or two. If you've never had an anxiety attack, I will explain what happens to me when I get one. At first I feel like I am overwhelmed, then I feel like I can't breath, I feel scared like a child, I have really negative thoughts like I'm going to die. 

Lot's of people have anxiety with or without a chronic illness, or injury. Read the facts and know that you are not alone!


  • Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older (18% of U.S. population).
  • Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only about one-third of those suffering receive treatment.
  • Anxiety disorders cost the U.S. more than $42 billion a year, almost one-third of the country's $148 billion total mental health bill, according to "The Economic Burden of Anxiety Disorders," a study commissioned by ADAA (The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry,60(7), July 1999).
  • More than $22.84 billion of those costs are associated with the repeated use of health care services; people with anxiety disorders seek relief for symptoms that mimic physical illnesses.
  • People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
  • Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.


I've decided to addressed this anxiety issue with myself and others head on and I chosen to take action. Here are some things I am doing that I suggest you try because they are helping me a lot. When attempting to prevent or stop an anxiety attack, I use oils, try to get a message, do daily meditations, pray, write a journal, talk to a group that has similar issues, and have back up anxiety medication from my doctor just incase of emergency.

My favorite oils are from Aromatherapy Associates my personal favorite is called Support Breathe Essence (just click a click away if you want it too). I was given this as a gift before my 1st major surgery in Miami from a massage therapist at the Viceroy Spa (the massage was a wonderful gift from my mom because she knew I wasn't going to be able to put my face in the massage head rest for the foreseeable future.  I hope I can get a message sometime before my (hopefully final surgery) in August, it is a great way to relax the night before surgery!



However, for people that don't have problems going to get a massage, I would definitely recommend going to get them frequently to ease your anxiety and eliminate toxins. My favorite spa's in Austin are Milk and Honey, and Aziz Spa. I have to give it to my favorite spa on the West Coast in Santa Barbara, California The Bacara Spa, and on the East Coast, in Miami, Florida Viceroy Spa





I also do daily meditations with an iPhone app called "Meditations" (Mindvalley Creations Inc.). The app has Morning Purpose and Positivity, Energy Booster, Centering, Alpha Beats, and Good Night meditations all in one App.

Furthermore, I do Hypnosis every night before bed, or if I am in the middle of an anxiety attack. The apps I use are all free as I need to save up to pay off the medical debt and travel expenses from previous surgeries (honestly, even if I had the money, why would I buy them when I can get them for free) you can always buy an upgrade for a small price, if you want to though. My favorite apps for hypnosis are "End Anxiety" (Surf City Apps LLC.), "Sleep Well" (Surf City Apps LLC.), "Calm" (Calm.com), and "Sleep Like a Baby" (Mindifi).

I pray several times a day, and then at night with my husband. This allows us to get everything off our chests and give everything to our higher power, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. This is what truly calms me the most. 

Also, I write in a free iPhone app called "Transform Your Life" (Maks and Pasha). It's awesome because it gives you daily assignments like, "Today, look for those moments in which you can trade no for a yes."

Breathing is also very important to me. 


Without shame, I can tell you that I have anxiety medication in case of emergency. I've had roughly three hospital visits from anxiety attacks as a result of developing a rash, turning red, and having the inability to breathe. I've even had an ER doctor order an Epinephrine shot, but he then realized it was an anxiety attack and chose to sedate me instead. Thank God!

Keep this in mind, the medication is my I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency). Personally, if I am in a situation where I'm having an anxiety attack, I will pray first, then I will try all the things I suggested above. However, if I'm having an  all out "mind war", and I can't fight it the noise in my mind, I will take the medication. I keep it on me because, I like knowing it's there if I need it, not because I know I'm going to need it or take it. I try to use all the other options first before I have to take a pill.

Please leave any other suggestions on anxiety below. I know I would benefit from them and so would others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment