Thursday, February 6, 2014

Only An Open Heart Can Catch A Dream

THIS GIRL

The count down has begun! We leave for my surgery soon, and thankfully, I have been surrounded by my faith, family, and friends. Today, after months of searching, we finally found a place to stay in Miami! It was so hard to find a place because we will be there on Valentine's Day. Yay! Happy Valentine's Day to me and Brian in the hospital! Although, I'm not thrilled about the concept I am thrilled that we will be removing the infection, finally!

Keep an open mind for this next section-

You see, I have these dreams that come true, sometimes. I can't share them with you because most of them are extremely personal, and about other people. But, I will tell you 3 nights ago my sister sent me a text of the place in Miami my mom wanted to stay at (we have been texting and e-mailing for months), and I woke up and looked at Brian, and said "This is the place we will end up staying at... I just had a dream about it." Later I was told that the dates didn't work out so we would be staying somewhere else. Today my dad called and he booked the exact room I recently dreamt about (my parents didn't know about the dream). I think I had this dream to relieve stress because I didn't think we would find a place to stay.

I am trying to understand why and how I receive this gift... My research came to this: My sister has similar visions that happen to her when she is awake. I believe it stems from our Native American background. We come from the Comanche Tribe, my sisters and I are the great-great-granddaughter's of Quanah Parker. Native American culture as a whole had vivid dreams, so they invented and believed in dream catchers




FASHION

Yesterday was fun, I tweeted with Frederic Fekkai about hair. This is one of my favorite hair companies, and I am extremely picky because I have big bouncy curly hair that is hard to maintain. I was tweeting with them about tips for winter hair.  I asked them what is the best way to keep your hair breaking in winter. They suggested a weekly treatment using Technician Color Care Masque to keep your hair healthy. I haven't ever used this masque so I have to give it a shot and let you know. Follow me on twitter to see my thoughts up to the seconds: https://twitter.com/rachelleBriton

To keep up with more of my fashion picks go to my pinterest page .

I love this shot I found on Pinterest. I would call it "Playing Dress Up on the Playground".




PAIN

Mentally, I'm preparing to give my osteomyelitis what it deserves, a war. And the mentality that I won't back down. The disease has had its fun ruining my life and spirit. It's time for me to get ME back!

“Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch, 'cause it's gonna have a long day doing it.” - Jim Beaver



Please leave other encouraging quotes to inspire me and others through our difficult journeys.

7 comments:

  1. “Armed with my positive attitude and inherent stubborn nature, I keep my mind focused and my life moving forward. I stop to rest, pout and even cry sometimes, but always, I get back up. Life is giving me this challenge and I will plow through it, out of breath with my heart racing if I have to.”
    ― Amy B. Scher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian you understand me & my heart. This is so true. It has touched me & I hope if will help others out there!

      Delete
  2. My mom sent this quote by C.S. Lewis, "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Kindness should be a moment in which.... The first few breaths you take begin your day... for only you."-Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so much I still need to learn from you. It's beautiful. Love.

      Delete
  4. Shell Game by J.D. McDonald
    “A smile is a beautiful thing...
    A laugh can make a Bluebird sing...
    The Son will open your wings...
    Don't fear the Light, Don't lose your sight...
    A fire can bring you warmth at night...
    The stars can lead you without fright...
    Outside the darkness has a full moonlight...
    Don't fear your Life... It's gonna be alright...”

    ReplyDelete