Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Self Healing Weekend

About This Girl:

This weekend was really interesting and relaxing. I went into the unknown frontier (for me anyways) of self healing. My mother and I went to the Austin Sufi center together where we met my Tracy Ward and Pamela who taught a 2 day session on how to make ourselves feel better on the inside and out naturally. My friend Ana Reign first introduced me to this (I will right more about here on another blog). As skeptical as I am to self healing, I found the weekend to be great. I was around a lot of people that are sick or injured that I could relate too. I was probably the youngest person in the room but I have found that did not matter at all. I made some great friends there that I was drawn to instantly. People that I felt an instant connection with, and that offered their advice and help to me. I will keep these people in my heart, and in my thought's and prayers. Anyways, the weekend was really "Groovy". We ate all organic food, drew pictures, learned from each other, talked about different thing's that helped us heal, we did meditations, we rested, we worked on our chakra's and synergy, and we did self energizing exercises. This was all new to me. I woke up at 7:00 each morning and came home around 6:00 each night. I was tired, well fed, and my spirit felt lifted. All great things. I realized that not everyone would learn from these teachings, and that not every teaching I would adopt into my own lifestyle. I did know God had me there for a reason. I have been so uptight with this surgery deadline coming up, so scared, so fearful. The biggest thing I realized is that most of the people around me had already Let Go And Let God. This is something I just haven't been able to do yet. After spending this weekend with my new beloved friends I realized that I can Let Go And Let God, I just have to take the leap. I am still trying. I have given everything over to him but I still have anxiety, insomnia, and pain. Christina, one of my best friends, told me that God only chooses the strong people to carry the load, and when it's over I will be able to give back to others going through a similar journey. I hope that if you are going through something similar that you have great friends, and love around you like I do. I hope that you believe that there is a better way, and a better day coming.



Fashion:

For a trip into a place of relaxation, like where I was, or somewhere like a spa. I have a great boutique to suggest to get clothing it's called Blends! Blends is this wonderful women's boutique and cute antique furniture. It is owned by this wonderful lady with a great spirit named Diane. She actually had one of my gowns in her shop recently. The dress ended up on the cover of Blend's flyers. Her shop is so unique, it isn't really the place for gown's. But we decided that one of my gown's would look great for the ambiance of her store. Ironically, it was the only gown in the store and it quickly sold to a girl who needed a prom dress. Anyway's most of her clothing is very unique, casual, shabby chic. I love it. It is great for someone that wants to wear clothing that they feel beautiful in without having to be "all did up". For example, I have a pair of pants from their that are black and I could wear them to bed or an office meeting they are seriously fantastic. So it can be causal or nice and dressy. She has the perfect clothes to wear when traveling, or while on vacation. I love this place and the family that owns it. They have a very special place in my heart here is her FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blends-Georgetown-TX/190187017663999.


Pain: 

Well as far as pain goes, I am still in a ton of it. I still have to take medications, and I hate it. But I found that eating certain healthy foods help me feel better in general. For instance, kale is a great food that does so much for your body. I wasn't really turned onto it until, I had it mixed with dried cranberries and walnuts. This mixture tastes great together. I am a big fruit lover, and that is a good thing. If you are sick like me it's really important to make sure that your plate has a lot of color on it. You don't want everything like the color of bread because you will gain a bunch of unwanted weight, and you will feel psychically and emotionally horrible. I also learned how to say good affirmations to myself self. It really helps me if I do this while I am in deep meditation or prayer. I also have a problem with sleeping. I am taking medication for this but I still don't sleep every night. I have become an insomniac at times. However, I learned a natural mineral you can take is magnesium to help you sleep at night. I would love to hear for you on anything that helps you feel better, or that helps you sleep! Please anyone out there that needs someone to relate to contact me. I would love to talk to you and help you through your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment